Sunday, June 05, 2005

Energy saving bulb update

A compact-fluorescent bulb from my experiment has failed for the first time. It was made by Feit Electric and the one for which I have saved the packaging insert, proudly boasting a 7 years guarantee. Of course, the guarantee only means that I have to save not only the liner (which I did) but also the store receipt (which I did not), and then I have to send it to them for exchange, which probably costs about the same as buying the new one. I recall that I knew when I bought it that the Feit's marketing was probably a lie. Since the bulbs were installed in April 2001, this comes to exactly 4 years of usable life. The simultaneously installed bulbs by American Power Products and BIAX Electric continue to work on the same circuit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home