Thursday, June 09, 2005

Invasion of Chinese Buffets, Part 2

The second buffet was the one behind the Blockbuster at 11th (I do not remember its name). Unlike the Tracy Buffet, this one is designed to be cheap. It is full family operated. There are no bells and whistles, it's just good solid eating for a minimal price. For example, you have to ask for chopstiks. My favourite dish there is the sweet-and-sour pork, which they serve separately from the sause. So, I eat it separately: just the pork. It's very nice, and comes to about $6.50 at lunch.

One thing I was unable to understand about that buffet is the tip policy. They collect the money at the exit, so it's supposed to be tipped. However, if I add the tip to the card, they do not charge it. They are such nice people though, it's a shame not to tip them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home