Saturday, February 11, 2006

R - Afghan Kebab House (Battle of Afghan places)

Since we just checked out the one near Albertson's, we thought we might just as well give a try to the other one. Afghan Kebab House is located right next door to Yoshi's, in the ACE plaza. If I recall correctly, they displaced a Vietnamese noodle house of some sort.

I set it up as a battle, but there was really no contest. The kebabs are much better in here than near Albertson's. Also, you can order them "plain", which means "no rice", and save a couple of bucks. They gave me a knife, too.

Not sure if this place has a lunch buffet. The tubs were set up near Albertson's, but not here. Maybe it matters to someone. The inside decor is not as fanciful as in Tracy Kabob, but again, personally I do not care all that much.

By the way, Afghan Kebab House appears significantly less expensive. Two kebabs and Pakhlava set us to $23. The Pakhlava was magnificent. Go figure - a better food for less. I left them a good tip for the effort.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian W. Barringer said...

there are more. theres one over by grant Line and I think there is also another afgan joint over by Straw hat pizza. I went to the place by albersons and did not care for it at all. I loved all the art on the walls though. I have heard from several folks that the one on Nagee is the best.

brian

Afghan Shish Kebab
(209) 834-2070
2521 N Tracy Blvd
Tracy, CA 95376

3:42 PM  
Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

Oh, that's right, I forgot about the third place, between New China buffet and the furniture store. However, the 2521 N Tracy Blvd is what I am describing here. So, we only have three so far, not four.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home