Friday, March 17, 2006

Anime at Library

Someone I know went to the anime event in the library and reported that it was rather low-key, more a club meeting than a convention. They watched 4 episodes of Samurai Deeper Kyo, of all things. Not a show I would select for a lead event like that. Invariably, such recruitment meetings get impressed by the personality of the club's leader. For example, I went to a similar event at CSU Stanislaus in Turlock, organized by the college club "Anime etc.", and received a hearthy serving of Kodocha (not a bad show, actually). Personally, I think that showing something with a broad appeal and a variety of shows would be a better choice if recruitment were the main goal. So, my magic recipy would be: 1 ep. of Love Hina (or other harem), 1 ep. of RaXephon (or other mecha), 1 ep. of Naruto (going beyond the fights), and 1 ep. of Haibane Renmei (for accompaning grown-ups).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home