Sunday, March 26, 2006

Tanker fire on I-580 near the speedway

I was in a moderate jam on the 580 when returning from Fry's on Saturday (got Chobits v1-v3 and Stellvia v3), caused by rubberneckers. There was a lot of activity on the opposite side in the dip near speedway. Or, actually, near the Grant Line junction.

Today I learned from Tracy News @topix that a tanker was on fire, and it damaged the freeway, which had to be repaired. Obviously, the asphalt burns away if flaming gasoline is pouring at it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian W. Barringer said...

hey, I saw that accident comming home from dinner with my brother-in-law. You could tell it was serious beacause of how backed up east bound traffic was. It took 2 hours to get from livermore to tracy. The crash was on the west bound side thats how bad it was.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home