Wednesday, June 14, 2006

100 octane gas

For years, there were two 76 stations facing each other across the Tracy Boulevard at the intersection with Grant Line. Recently, one of them went out of franchise and is called "VP" now. It sells 100 octane gas.

I have to ask, who in the world would buy the stuff and for what purpose? It only makes sense if your engine has the necessary compression ratio, which means a significantly modified engine (milled head at a minimum). I saw it on sale in Modesto, the capital of car thiefs. Somehow, I do not approve.

BTW, this is a different fuel from 100LL used in airplanes, with different characteristics even. It will not work in an unmodified airplane engine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amadeo said...

ザイツェヴ

Thanks for visiting and I'm glad to get acquainted with another resident from Tracy.

Just curious because I cannot read foreign characters, but when I had your ID translated, it came out as
"zaitsuevu".

Would this be correct or okay?

7:10 PM  
Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

Very good try. The big "tsu" with a small "e" is "tse". It's called a glide in Japanese. Binding tsu and e is not an official glide, but Japanese added a lot of new glides in order to write borrowed words, so it's all right.

In reality, I'm Russian, and so "zaitsev" is a Russian name. I just wanted a random nick for Blogger, so I used the name katakanized.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home