Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Safeway blows it badly

I was sort of busy with work and stuff, so I spent all the time in the house. I did have some items happening with shrubs, trees, and roof, but in the event I forgot to blog them. Maybe later. But for now I have to rely on others to gather info about living in Tracy.

My wife is just back from Safeway where she went to buy eggs and miscellaneous groceries. She reports that Safeway management have lost their minds completely.

Most importantly, they are remodeling to install Jamba Juice on the other side from Starbucks. In other words, instead of selling groceries, they want to sell god knows what, and they squeeze groceries.

Also, they want to take a clue from Albertson's and make half-length aisles. Which is total idiocy because you can't see from one end to the other, and you can't read notices, so you have to actually go inside the isle to find stuff.

And also they have normal construction-caused problems, like the smell of paint, which caused my wife a splitting headache. This is going to pass, I expect, but split isles and reduced floor space is going to remain.

Really, Safeway. We can visit SaveMart, you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

Do we actually have pak'n'save on Tracy?

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. You nailed it right on the head. I live closer to Albertsons I like the self check out feature they added but the half lanes are making me crazy. So I go to Safeway but now the wet paint and changing it all around makes a quick trip take much longer. I dont need a Jamba Juice we already have one.
You are full of information. Thanks
Oh and I hope to try Texas Roadhouse soon thanks for the review. You rock.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home