Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Turkey day is rolling smoothly

We decided to roast a turkey this year suddenly (or should I say, "we" decided that I will roast a turkey). I went to Albertson's, got the smallest premium turkey they had. I don't trust my talents in cooking a big one, and nobody wants to eat that much anyhow.

I was amazed just how smoothly traffic rolled, and how much turkey the store had. I expected enormous jams and bare shelves, because it's hard to imagine how such a huge event can be sustained logistically. I can't even say the customary "viva capitalizmo", because the very same capitalism is unable to supply me with decent bread on a daily basis. And whenever I see a tongue, I buy two, freeze one. You never know when you can see it again! But the turkey day is a perfect machine in action.

Tangentially, the Afghan place in Albertson's mall was shut down and restarted as an Indian eatery. I wrote about it when it opened, only in February. That was really quick. The Chinese place in former Garlic Brothers building struggled along for years.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amadeo said...

The wife with my only daughter came back home already quite dark from a little grocery shopping at Costco and West Valley mall.

She was surprised also to see how sparse the traffic was in both places.

I suppose Tracy residents shop early for turkey day.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home