Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Les Schwab in Tracy

I went to our newly open Les Schwab, near Costco, to pick up tire chains. Seems like a nice enough place; they got my chains overnight. I suspect that America's Tire workers are quaking in their boots right about now. I always was a customer of our downtown Big O. I got a good service there, and it's nice how they dillute the uptight downtown a bit. It started when we only had Big O and Wilson's in Tracy. Unfortunately, my love with Wilson's, a locally owned non-chain shop, didn't blossom for no fault of Mr. Wilson. It's just that his selection caters to owners of Suburbans more than anything.

One curious thing I saw at Les Schwab was how two employees were putting new tires on a tractor. It's not something commonly seen at Big O. Apparently, there's no tire too big for Les Schwab to handle. SUV owners rejoice :-)

On another note, I somehow thought that "Les Schwab" sounded like a curious mix of French and German. As it turned out, "Les" was the given name of Mr. Schwab. Heh.

2 Comments:

Blogger DickTracy said...

Cool, I need new tires for my Vette ! :-p

3:29 PM  
Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

If I had a Corvette, I'd go with Tirerack.net. They can ship to America's Tire to get them mounted. And those people apparently do not mind. Tirerack got good cred with drag racers and import tuners, but I don't see why it would not work on domestics as well.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home