Saturday, March 03, 2007

Waste, Airport, French Camp

I finally made it to the county's Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facility at the airport and got rid of my motor oil, brake fluid, and ATF. I managed to get lost. In the end, the simplest thing is to get to the rotating radar antenna. The HHW site is right next to it.

Stockton airport (SCK) is bustling in a stark contrast to Tracy (TCY). Corporate refugees are parked all around, and I saw a very cute Beech-19 in historical USAF markings.

I have to say though, access is the same mess as it always been. Going by Roth Road and up the Airport Bulevaurd takes one through a quaint countryside with calfs, orchards, and farms. But the road is narrow and slow. The other path leads though French Camp, which is a dying town and a pit, with streets laid out by a madman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home