Thursday, March 13, 2008

Word of Mouth

I went to Hairtage, the barber shop which I typically visit unless it's Sunday or Monday. The owner told me that he mostly gets customers through the word of mouth, and he would only be willing to hire an assistant from Tracy because of that. The expectation is, an outsider would not bring in customers. It sounds strange to me, because I found the shop from the telephone book. It's not like we have an excess of barbers in Tracy. There's Al's near the Blockbuster on 11th, which belongs to the former assistant in Hairtage, who started the new business last summer or so, but that's about it. So, if one wants to go to a barber, there's no need to ask friends and family.

And the haircut? I'm not completely happy, but it's better than other places. I guess at my age, I have to get more engaged with the barber. I cannot ask "just give it a go with #5" and be done anymore -- too much baldness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home