Monday, June 23, 2008

Kengo

Kengo is a replacement to sadly closed Yoshi's, in the Van's ACE plaza. It employs the familar faces from Yoshi's days, but the conveyor belt is gone. I have to say, I hardly ever saw anyone picking a plate from the belt. It just wasn't a part of our culture in Tracy. Belt belongs to a faster paced life -- grab and go! The decor also aims at something akin to Bluefin, only without booths. No hanging kimonos either, just still life.

The katsudon at Kengo costs exactly the same $10.95 as Tonkatsu, so that trick no longer works. They serve it in a rather odd hybrid of a bowl and a plate, which is unusual. I thought donbury belonged into a true bowl, otherwise how it would be "over" rice, right? And my, was that thing salty.

Overall, a nice place... But I'll miss Yoshi's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home